Friday, January 8, 2010

Groundhog Day is Coming! Do You Have Your Book Yet??

I must tell you that I am chuckling to myself right now...for a number of reasons!  First of all, that I just looked at my calendar and thought, "A month from now, it will all be over....like Christmas...there's all the excitement, and then it's done."  Yes, it's a little comical to me that I am feeling all giggly inside over Groundhog Day...and not wanting it to go by too fast!  (Please know that I don't equate the importance of the day to Christmas!...still giggling...How did this happen????)  Another reason for the hilarity is in God's choosing such a non-outdoorsy girl to be smitten with groundhogs...of all things!  Oh yeah, He has a sense of humor!  In fact, I feel sure that He is just as delighted as I am...as He continues to work in ways that amaze me!

So, do you have your book???  Groundhog Day is  rapidly approaching!  Leave a comment here or email me at kristi@graciesgrounds.com.  We'll get your copy shipped out!  Or...if you are in downtown Cary, stop by Beadazzled.  They have autographed copies there!!!

Also, there's another author visit booked!  I am ecstatic!!  Here's an updated schedule!
Friday, January 15, 2010 Author Visit to Bethesda Christian Academy, Durham, NC
Friday, January 22, 2010 Author & Illustrator Visit to Metrolina Christian Academy, Indian Trail, NC
Saturday, January 23, 2010 Breakfast/Storytime at Apex Chick-Fil-A, Apex, NC 8:30-10:00 am  Wear your pajamas!!!
January 30-February 2 Heading North to Punxsutawney, PA for Groundhog Day Festivities!! I'll be speaking at The Presbyterian Church of Punxsutawney on Sunday morning!  Daddy & I will be signing and selling books at the Community Center on February 1&2!
February 26-27, 2010 Write2Ignite Writers Conference (Check sidebar for details!)

And it doesn't stop there!!!  Cindy Kenney, author & editor extraordinaire, has finished editing my next groundhog book...Grover Groundhog Is Not Hibernating This Christmas!!!  We are expecting a summer release date...in plenty of time for the truly "most wonderful time of the year"!!!  Want to know the next in the series???  A book to celebrate July 4!!! 

I would love for you to pray with me, for God's love and truths from His Word to be spread in ways that only He can imagine!!  Pray for me as I speak in schools, churches, at Chick-Fil-A, and at Write2Ignite!  Pray for me as I continue to write, edit, and revise.  Pray for my Daddy as he illustrates my books.  That is a treasure beyond words!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Butler I would love to buy a book for Sydney. Here is my phone number 919-567-3236. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mine! Gracie and Grover are such cuties.

    Praying for the Lord to bless your precious stories, Kristi.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bobbi! I will give you a call! Hug Sydney for me!

    Thanks, Jean...for the kind words and the prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi,
    Be sure to hang on to my 5 books, and I'll be at Chick-fil-A on the 23rd to support you.....and pick them up.
    I'm excited!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! How can I get a copy?

    Can't wait to see you at W2I.

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean Boykin, I can't wait to see you at Chick-fil-A!!! I'll have your books ready!

    Dixie, I can't wait to see you!!! Do you want a copy before Groundhog Day?? I can mail you one...or wait to give it to you in person at W2I! Just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete