Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just a Taste of the Fun!!!

Wow!!  What fun Gracie and I have had!!!  Just thought you might like to see!!

Our first visit was to Bethesda Christian Academy in Durham, NC.  My husband and I actually started the school...so it was a treat to have that be our first stop!


This is my dear friend, Brenda, who also happens to be the Assistant Principal of the school!!  She did a fabulous job of making all the arrangements...including having a Power Point presentation made for me!!!  The students...everyone from Kindergarten through Grade 5...were such great listeners!!!  They asked really good questions.  My favorite was, "Are you rich?"  My trip to BCA was the perfect beginning to the book tour!

Next stop...Metrolina Christian Academy, Indian Trail, NC!!!  I taught Kindergarten there before we moved to Raleigh.  Another fabulous school!!!
The day was amazing!!!  Principal, Amy Hill, and Assistant, Lynn Laney, took care of all the details!!  I spoke to each grade level...Pre-K through 5th Grade.  We started at 8:30 and went pretty much non-stop...well with one potty break and a 30 minute lunch...until 2:45!!  Thanks to Wendy Pope for coming and enjoying the time with us!  My parents also came for part of the day!
Great students...great listeners...great questions!! There are some future authors at MCA!!!
 My Kindergarteners have grown into 3rd & 4th graders!!  It was so fabulous to see them!!  I look forward to going back!

The very next morning...back in Raleigh...and off to ChickFilA for a yummy breakfast and a pajama party storytime!!
 Yes!  Me and the ChickFilA Cow...in our Pajamas!!!  He sat right with me throughout the storytime...a wonderful listener!!
Many thanks, Marnie (marketing with ChickFilA Apex at Beaver Creek Commons) for hosting us, feeding us, and taking care of everything so wonderfully!!!  Did I promise not to use this picture??
Loving time reading with my young friends in their pj's!!!  Thanks to all of my students and friends at PPCC and their families for coming out early in the morning!!  It was awesome to see the Boykin family, such precious people!  The Hairr family came in support and representing the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation...and brought some friends from church!    The Cockerham family (wife and children of Chris, campus pastor at Hope Community Church Holly Springs campus) was there...all sweetness and smiles.  My daughter, Rachel joined me...and her friend Megan Hodge!  Emily & Catherine, friends of Melea's from GRACE Christian School came to share in the fun!!  We enjoyed meeting some new friends from the Apex community too!  It was amazing!
Gracie and I loved every minute!!
Grover, Gracie, and Gloria...precious friend, prayer warrior, and photographer extraordinaire!!!

God is so good!!!




1 comment:

  1. YAYAYAY KRISTI!! I enjoyed hanging out with you so much at the conference. Seeing you in your element with all the kiddos and your sweet, wonderful book make me smile! I pray God blesses you more and more and more!

    hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete