Saturday, December 4, 2010

Grover and Grace visit Elmcroft Assisted Living Facility!

This was without a doubt one of my very favorite events!!!  My Grandmother lives at Elmcroft.  She, and most of the residents, suffer from dementia/Alzheimer's.  How precious to hear them singing Christmas songs and reciting from Luke 2!!!  The book is such a fun read aloud...allowing so much audience participation!  We all celebrated with great joy!
That's our sweet little Nana on the left behind her walker.

Picture books are for children of all ages!!

This dear man is almost blind.  He "saw" Gracie and Grover with his hands.
Such lovely smiles!
One of my Elmcroft friends snuggled with my Grover (stuffed animal) through the reading...occasionally aggravating her husband with him.  She's a hoot!  I didn't think she was going to let me have Grover back!

This is probably my favorite picture!  He was so attentive...and smiley...and sweet!!!

What a blessing.  What a gift from God.  1 Corinthians 2:9 says, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."  I really had no idea that a picture book was in my future.  And I never dreamed how blessed I would be in sharing it!  I am so thankful that He "prepared" this for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment